Windsor, Stonehenge & Salisbury tour – (Unavailable)
We take a journey into Berkshire & Wiltshire to visit 3 popular sightseeing landmarks and their surrounding areas – Windsor Castle, Stonehenge & La cathédrale de Salisbury!
During the day we’ll take visits to the historic town of Windsor where we’ve included entrance into Windsor Castle, the Official Residence of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.
The castle’s history spans almost 1000 years and still remains a working palace and you’ll have free time to explore the castle and it’s grounds.
We’ll also visit the World Heritage Site at Stonehenge, the world famous Stone Circle in Wiltshire. Stonehenge has attracted millions of visitors from all over the world and is one of the first places for any visitor to England to see.
The third location on the day’s to do list includes a visit to the Cathedral City of Salisbury where entrance into the famous cathedral is included. Inside this Early English Gothic cathedral you’ll find nearly 800 years of history including the Magna Carta (from 1215) and Europe’s oldest working clock (from 1386).
The cathedral also has Britain’s tallest spire and you’ll l have free time to explore inside the, perhaps climb the 332 steps to the tower to admire the magnificent views across Salisbury.
• Visit to Windsor & Entrance into Windsor Castle
• Entrance into Stonehenge
• Visit to Salisbury & Entrance into Salisbury Cathedral
• Luxury coach travel throughout
• Services of an Anderson Tours Tour Manager
Tour Pickup locations
07.30 – 09.15 Central London pick-ups
Pont de Londres (7.30au), Kings Cross (7.55au), Baker Street (8.10au), Victoire (8.25au), South Kensington (8.50au) Earls Court (9.00au), Hammersmith (9.15au)
Itinéraire de la tournée:
• First stop is to Stonehenge to visit the famous Stone Circle (entrance is included)
• We then head to Salisbury and one of the finest examples of medieval Cathedrals in Britain, it also boasts the country’s tallest spire (d'entrée inclus). Free time in Salisbury is included to explore the Cathedral and the city and stop for lunch (lunch not included).
• we then travel into Berkshire to Windsor Castle (Entrance to castle is included). You will have free time to explore the Castle grounds and the surrounding historic town.
• After a day visiting some of the most popular sites in Wiltshire & Berkshire we’ll head back to Central London.
*Please note the above itinerary is a guide, and the order of the visits may vary – your Tour Manager will let you know on the day*